A DELICIOUSLY MOIST CAKE!!!
- 250g cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 200g caster sugar
- 125ml milk
- 125ml orange juice
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated orange zest
Orange butter icing:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 250g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease and flour two 20cm round cake tins.
- In a measuring jug, combine milk, 125ml orange juice, oil, beaten eggs and 1½ teaspoons orange zest. Set aside.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Mix in sugar.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk mixture.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Divide cake mixture between the two prepared tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
To make Orange Butter Icing:
- Cream butter until smooth.
- Gradually beat in icing sugar.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 2 tablespoons orange juice to bring to spreading consistency.
- Stir in vanilla and 1 teaspoon orange zest.
- Spread over cooled cakes.
Posted on 30/03/2013, in Cakes. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
This cake comes out sooooo lovely
Yes it does. Thank you 🙂